Each spring, the Junior League of Lansing accepts applications for its scholarship program to recognize women with outstanding commitment to their community and voluntarism.
For the next academic year, the Junior League of Lansing will be providing scholarships totaling $3,000 for outstanding students in the Greater Lansing Area.
Nomination forms must be accompanied by a copy of school transcripts and must be postmarked no later than May 28, 2021. The form can be completed by downloading it here and emailing it with transcripts to email@example.com. The form can be completed by a nominator or by the student. A decision by the Selection Committee will be made in June 2021. Scholarship recipients will be notified by July 2, 2021, at the latest.
Criteria for scholarship consideration:
• Nominee must have a commitment to academic excellence (School transcripts are required)
• Nominee must be involved in community service and volunteerism
• Nominee must be enrolled in an educational institution for the award year
• The nominee’s financial need will be considered, but it is not a necessity
Nominations may be submitted by:
• Junior League of Lansing Membership (Actives and Sustainers)
• Junior League of Lansing Endowment Fund board Members
• Junior League of Lansing Advisory Board Members
• Educational Institutions
• Community Organizations and/or Members
• Students can self-nominate
The Junior League of Lansing Scholarship Fund Selection Committee is comprised of:
• Education Vice President
• Representative from the JLL Active Membership (non-board member)
• Representative from the JLL Sustaining Membership
• Representative from the JLL Endowment Fund Board
• Representative from the JLL Advisory Board
The JLL congratulates individuals for their contributions to the benefit of our community, while never abandoning their goals of academic excellence. We hope the scholarship from the JLL will inspire these ladies to remain involved in their communities throughout their lives.
The 2021 recipients were:
Rachel Pung – St. Johns High School
Divya Reddy – Williamston High School
Shannon Stevens – Lansing Catholic High School