The Junior League of Lansing awards a Community Impact Grant of up to $20,000. For the 2017-2018 year, the board has approved a minimum award of $10,000. The purpose of this grant is to significantly impact the community by providing financial support to a new or existing organization or program focused on essential needs of food and shelter.
Applicant organizations must be nonprofits located within a 25-mile radius of Lansing and services must benefit those within a 25-mile radius of Lansing.
Completed applications must be submitted by April 14, 2018 at noon.
Complete Online Application
(send to email@example.com or mail to address below)
Past recipients of the Community Impact Grant include:
- 2017 $9,600 to Haven House to assist with the purchase of new durable furniture for the common areas of the shelter including the dining and living rooms and bedrooms and $12,000 to SIREN/Eaton Shelter to expand their programming that addresses homelessness among childless adults.
- 2016 $10,000 to St. Vincent Catholic Charities to provide housing assistance to refugee families resettling in the Lansing area.
- 2014 $10,000 to Love Clothing Center to improve the service area of their center, making it more comfortable and inviting for the families they serve and efficient for their volunteers and $4,000 to Child and Family Charities to provide new carpeting for Angel House
- 2013 $10,000 to Volunteers of America Michigan toward construction of the Sparrow Medical Clinic at Volunteers of America Michigan to serve the medical needs of the area’s homeless
- 2011 $10,000 to the Michigan State University Children’s Health Initiative to help improve the primary treatment room at their pediatric sub-specialty clinic
- 2008 $10,000 to City Rescue Mission of Lansing to build a teaching kitchen at their Maplewood Center
- 2001 $10,000 to Otto Health Center in Lansing to help the center keep its doors open after a drop in government funding
“With our focus on families and children at risk, the Junior League of Lansing has transformed our community by supporting more than 100 organizations with donations of volunteer hours and funding. The Community Impact Grant allows our organization to further our commitment to the community and continue to fulfill our Mission as an organization,” said JLL Past President Becky Paalman.
For more information about the Community Impact Grant, please contact the Community Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org.